CLEVELAND, March 13, 2018 – Resilience Capital Partners today announced that it has been named one of the Top 50 Middle Market Private Equity Firms for the second year in a row, the latest in a series of honors the firm has garnered as it has successfully transformed companies in the U.S. and globally. Resilience also completed one of its most active years ever in 2017, acquiring or establishing controlling investments in six companies, including three new platforms, with investments in businesses that have substantial operations on three continents.
“Ranking among the Top 50 Middle Market Private Equity Firms for the second consecutive year shows that industry observers recognize our accomplishments in transforming and growing companies, making them more competitive and generating value for investors,” said Steven H. Rosen, co-CEO of Resilience Capital Partners. “I want to thank our team members here at Resilience and our partners in our portfolio companies, whose hard work is the foundation of our success, as well as our global limited partners.” Resilience was named one of the 2018 Top 50 Middle Market Private Equity Firms by Bauer Rock Media Group, publisher of M&A Chicago, SBIC Weekly and Dealmaker South, and Grady Campbell Inc.
Among other honors during the year, Healthcare Business News ranked Resilience’s purchase of Bayer’s Multi Vendor Service business as one of the top five acquisitions of 2017. The honors come after a dynamic 2017. “During 2017, we invested in industries as different as medical device repair, digital and print marketing and packaging and labeling. We also invested in companies with operations not only in the U.S. but also the United Kingdom, Mexico,
Singapore, China, Thailand and Indonesia,” said Bassem A. Mansour, the co-CEO of the Cleveland-based firm. “The growing breadth of industries in which we participate, and the increased diversity of geographies in which our portfolio companies operate, positions us to succeed in any type of economy.”
All of Resilience’s investments during 2017 were funded through Resilience Fund IV, a $350 million fund. The companies in which Resilience invested during 2017 included
• Lux Global Label (https://luxgloballabel.com), one of the world’s foremost producers of high-quality labeling and packaging solutions; Lux Global was formed from the acquisition of certain assets of National Label
Resilience Capital Partners Again Named a Top 50 Middle-Market Private Equity Firm /
• Ohio Basic Minerals (www.ohiobasic.com), a provider of industrial gravel and silica sand products, primarily for environmental and industrial end markets
• Innovatus Imaging (www.innovatusimaging.com), formed through the acquisition of Bayer’s Multi Vendor Service to create a provider of third-party medical device services
• Wetsco, a third-party ultrasound probe repair provider with numerous proprietary repair techniques and an add-on acquisition that will be part of Innovatus Imaging
• MD MedTech, a designer and manufacturer of specialty ultrasound products for the OEM, third-party repair and research markets and an add-on acquisition that will be part of Innovatus Imaging
• Leycol Printers (www.leycol.com), a provider of high-end offset and lithographic printing services to the financial and commercial print market; as an add-on acquisition, Leycol merged with the U.K. operations of Resilience portfolio company Diversified Global Graphics Group (https://dg3.com)
About Resilience Capital Partners
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Resilience invests in niche-oriented manufacturing, valueadded distribution and business service companies with sustainable market positions and a clear path to cash flow improvement. Resilience targets platform businesses with $25 million to $250 million in revenues across a broad range of industries where it can improve a company’s operations, competitive positioning and profitability. Resilience manages approximately $600 million for its global investor base that includes pension funds, insurance companies, foundations and endowments, funds of funds and family offices. For more information, please visit www.resiliencecapital.com.
The Hubbell Group, Inc.